Join the Age With Rights Campaign!
Introduction to the campaign
The Age With Rights is the global campaign for a new UN convention on the rights of older people coordinated by the Global Alliance for the Rights of Older People. Our rallying cry – “Age with Rights!” – was formed with input from members of our Global Alliance. You do not have to be a member organisation of the Global Alliance to support and engage with the campaign. Join this global campaign for a UN convention on the rights of older people to ensure equal protection of our human rights in older age!
- Human rights are rights inherent to all human beings throughout life no matter where in the world.
- As we age, our need for rights protection evolve with the complexity of ageing issues.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights document was drafted at a time when the “100 year” life was beyond imagination.
- Existing human rights frameworks provide fragmented and inconsistent coverage on the human rights of older people and ageing issues in law and
- A convention is a universal legally-binding instrument that ensures, in older age, there are equal opportunities to participate and contribute, behaviours towards us are more respectful, and ageism is prohibited in the law.
- Protecting the rights of older people through a convention will benefit all in society today and tomorrow.
We are grateful to Soroptimist International for their support for the Age With Rights campaign.
The annual ‘Global Rally’ is an annual flagship initiative of the campaign.
You can read more about the Global Rally 2022 here and find out how to get involved with the upcoming Global Rally 2023 here.
We have collected many video statements from Age With Rights campaigners since the campaign launched and these can be viewed in our video gallery here and on YouTube.
We welcome ideas and support in broadcasting our collective global advocacy efforts, and in strengthening our impact by using our campaign slogan “Age with Rights!”
Our campaign slogan is “Age with Rights”. Our campaign colour is RED-ORANGE. We suggest that you bookmark this page and keep checking back here as we will continue to add more templates and resources.
Shout out “Age with Rights!” by using the colour orange!
Here are some ideas:
- In meetings, wear your most prominent piece of orange clothing (i.e. an orange hat, scarf or top)
- Put up an orange banner or create an orange sign somewhere in your office or meeting room with the “Age with Rights!” slogan
- Use the red-orange colour in your digital communications. The colour code is #FF3300 or RGB: R255, G51, B0.
You, and your organisation, are invited to incorporate the “Age with Rights” slogan into your brand.
Add “Age with Rights” onto stationery items and into your email signatures, or include “Age with Rights” where appropriate, and possible, as a byline alongside your logo. Please follow the instructions above for colour and use ‘Gill Sans MT’ font.