It is important that any content developed for a future UN convention advances the promotion and protection of the human rights of older people. GAROP supports its members in various ways to make substantive and normative inputs to the UN process and to influence Member States to do the same. NGOs that register delegates and are represented at the Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing (OEWG) session are likely to have the opportunity to make oral statements during the OEWG session. It is best to start researching and preparing your oral statements in plenty of time to ensure that it has maximum impact.
Links and resources:
(GAROP members can log in to access further resources)
- GAROP guidelines on preparing oral statements: English, French, Russian, Spanish and Arabic
- Paper prepared by GAROP Technical Group: suggested normative elements for education, capacity-building, training and lifelong learning
- Paper prepared by GAROP Technical Group: suggested normative elements for social security and social protection, including social protection floors
- Access to Justice: Webinar summary, slides and recording
- Right to work and access to the labour market: Webinar summary, slides and recording
- Also consult the FAIR guidelines section 1.4: ‘Set your goals’. The FAIR guidelines are also available in Arabic, Spanish and Russian here.